Are you all Apple fans? Or do you all have the experience of watching movies on iPad and the latest iPad Air 2? Yes! With the 9.7-inch high-resolution screen, we are all glad to enjoy various movies on iPad Air 2. However, the video formats supported by iPad are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. So don’t worry too much if you are confused of the troubles in watching those incompatible videos. Here we go!
Notes: besides the media players, if you are a professional editor, we also should know more supported formats for editing tools because they also have the limitations. For example, do you know any information about the supported video and audio formats for FCP or iMovie/FCE, etc?
Details on iPad Air 2 Supported Audio and Video Formats:
iPad Supported Video Formats
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and mov file formats;
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format;
- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported Audio Formats
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz;
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV;
- User-configurable maximum volume limit;
How could we deal with those incompatible movies for watching on iPad Air 2?
As many videos and movies are of video formats like MKV, FLV, WMV, MTS etc that do not belong to the above iPad Air 2 supported video formats, you will inevitably need to convert those videos to video formats for iPad Air 2. In order to convert video to video formats for iPad, the professional video converter with the name of Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/Mac, which will be your best assistant. You won’t be disappointed in converting any unsupported videos for enjoying on iPad Air 2.
Converting incompatible movies to supported ones for watching on iPad Air 2:
Step 1: Run the iPad Air 2 video converter; click “Add Files” or ‘Add from folder’ to load your original videos.
Step 2: Choose one of the above iPad Air 2 supported video formats like MP4, MOV, or M4V. Or you can choose iPad Air 2 directly from the device profiles list.
Step 3.(Optional) we can get into the ‘Settings’ or ‘Edit’ buttons to adjust our movies for a nice enjoyment effect. For example, we can adjust the video size to suit for iPad Air 2 screen size in the ‘Settings’ >>’Video size’, etc.
Conclusion: Go back to the main interface, hit the big button ‘Convert’ there, no needs for waiting for a long time, we can receive the output movies nicely. After transferring files from iTunes to iPad Air 2, let’s together enjoy the wonderful moments!