GoPro Studio is smart video editor which makes it easier than ever to create professional-quality video with GoPro Hero Camera footages. GoPro Studio gives you plenty of useful editing tools in a really gorgeous package. It provides a simple way to import footage, speed it up or slow it down, crop, and make image adjustments (like removing the fisheye lens distortion, or adjusting color or contrast).
Besides editing GoPro Hero Camera footages, GoPro Studio can also edit MOV video files from Canon and Nikon DSLRs but except in Windows 7. In fact, following the guide below you can turn GoPro Studio a universal video editing tool. You can realize to edit MOV video files from Canon and Nikon DSLRs in Windows 8 and Windows 10; and you can import non-GoPro videos like MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, MXF, MTS to GoPro Studio for editing in Windows/Mac, as well as solve some MP4, MOV files fail to import to GoPro Studio issue in Windows/Mac.
GoPro Studio Support Formats
According to GoPro Studio official statement, GoPro Studio supports importing the following files:
MP4 video files from the original HD Hero Original, HD Hero 2, HERO3, and HERO3+.
MOV video files from Canon and Nikon DSLRs (except in Windows 8).
JPG files from GoPro HD Hero, Hero 2 and Hero 3 cameras (.jpgs from other sources may work, but have not been tested nor are they officially supported).
And GoPro Studio supports importing the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video(*.mp4) directly for editing.
The following guide will guide you step-by-step to convert any video MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, MP4, MXF, MTS to H.264 MP4 to import to GoPro Studio. Due to codec issue, some MP4 or MOV files fail to import to GoPro Studio, you can also follow the guide to reconvert your files to GoPro Studio MP4.
How to Convert Any MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, MP4, etc to H.264 MP4 to import to GoPro Studio?
Prepare: Download Pavtube Video Converter / Mac Version. Install and launch the program.
- Support nearly all HD/SD video and audio formats to various video and audio format;
- Make videos & movies & audios compatible with Android tablets/Phones, Apple devices, Windows 10, Mac OS X El Capitan, video game console, websites and more;
- Edit videos with trim, crop, split, merge and special effects;
- Process videos and movies in batch even faster and easier;
- Attach external *.srt, *.ass, or *.ssa subtitles into source media for entertainment;
- Support perfect audio and video synchronization.
The conversion speed is very fast because it supports batch conversion and NVIDIA CUDA & ATI Stream (AMD APP) acceleration technologies. It converts multiple video clips at the same time, moreover it can shut down computer after the process is complete, so run the app overnight and you could enjoy the created videos next morning when you are up.
Step 1: Add files
Simply click on “Add File” button to import files to the program.
Step 2: Set output video
Click on the format bar, and on format list follow “HD Video” ＞ “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4).”
Step 3: Start Conversion
Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
Now you’ve converted your files to GoPro Studio supported H.264 MP4, you can import and convert the converted H.264 MP4 to GoPro Studio and start to edit it. Have fun.
- Best GoPro Studio Alternatives to Edit GoPro Media Files
- Watch GoPro Video on Android Phone/Tablet
- Convert Panasonic/Sony/GoPro Videos for TV Channel
- Put Multiple Video Clips Together in GoPro Studio
- Problems with VLC When Playing GoPro Hero 4K Videos