H.264 is common file format we are using. Generally speaking, we can record lots of H.264 videos from GoPro H.264(.mp4), Canon EOS H.264(.mov), Nikon DSLR H.264(.mov), YouTube .mp4 or some other sources. However, we found many users have problems in opening and editing the H.264 recordings to the popular editing software – Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11:
Q: “I have encoded some videos using mencoder, with AAC and h.264. Sony vegas cannot open the files, without any explanation. How should I do to fix it?”
Q: “Is there any way to edit H.264 in Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11? Can you suggest a format to which will be good for Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11?”
According to the Sony’s official website, Sony Movie Studio can support MPEG-4, MPEG-2, AVI, QuickTime, etc format, but not the H.264 codec. Look at the following Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum supported formats:
FILE FORMATS/CODECS THAT MOVIE STUDIO PLATINUM LIKES
Opens: AAC, AA3, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, OMA, PCA, PNG, QuickTime®, SND, SFA, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV, XAVC S
Saves: AAC, AC3, AA3, AIFF, AVC, AVI, BMP, FLAC, JPEG, LPEC, MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, PCA, PNG, TIFF, QuickTime, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV, XAVC S
Convert your H.264 video files into a more common video codec that Sony Movie Studio can read easily or record your original video files using a codec/format that Vegas already likes.
How to Convert H.264 videos to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 friendly formats?
Now this is where it can get very interesting and frustrating at times. There are a large number of Video Converting programs available – some are free and some cost money. Many of the free versions can be very dodgy and inconsistant. The only way to find out what is a good converter is to do lots of experiments. If you have ever used Google Translate, then you will know that it can sometimes create hilarious and non-sensical translations from one language into another. So keep this in mind when you convert your videos. Your results may vary quite a bit depending on the quality of the original source video and how the converter interprets the file. Here you can have a try the professional H.264 to Movie Studio video converter - Pavtube Video Converter.
With it, you can convert your H.264 videos to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 supported formats. What’s more, it also can convert various video/audio like MP4, H.265, MKV. AVI, M2TS, MXF, MOV, H.264 , MTS, etc SD/HD/4K to Movie Studio friendly format for your nice ediiting. Now download the best Movie Studio video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
A step-by-step-guide to Convert H.264 video to Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
Step 1. Load H.264 media files
Start up Pavtube H.264 Converter, click “Add video” or “Add from folder” button to load your source H.264 files to the program.
Step 2. Select output format for Vegas Movie Studio 11 version
Move to “Format” menu, and choose “MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” for Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 11 from “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” column.
Step 3. Adjust video and audio settings (optional)
Click “Settings” button to custom video and audio settings if necessary.
When the “Profile Settings” window comes up, you can configure video and audio settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.
Step 4. Start H.264 to MPEG Conversion
Click “Convert” button to start rewrapping MPG files for Movie Studio from H.264 -files. When finished the conversion, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MPG files.
All solved – COMMON ERRORS THAT INDICATE A VIDEO CODEC OR FORMAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE
- Movie Studio or Vegas brings up an error message saying that the file format is not supported.
- The program just crashes when you attempt to Import your video.
- You can Import the video file, but when you drag the video onto the timeline the Video track is there, but the Audio track is missing.
- You can Import the video file, but when you drag the video onto the timeline the Audio track is there, but the Video track is missing.
- When you start to play back the video, you may see crazy coloured pixelation jumping all over the video in the Preview Window.
- When you start to play the video, the audio is distorted or it keeps cutting in and out
- Transcode MP4 to Sony Vegas Pro friendly format for editing
- How to Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF videos to Avid MC?
- Have issues in Importing Sony A6300 4K XAVC S videos to FCP X?
- Edit GoPro HERO4 Black 4K Videos on Premiere Pro CC on Mac El Capitan
- How to Prepare SD/HD/4K Video for uploading to Instagram?