When it comes to professional videography, 4K is quickly becoming standard. If you’re in the market for a compact, portable and lightweight professional video camera that shoots 4K internally, and offers 12 Megapixel digital still photography, then the Canon XC10 may be for you. Have recorded some MXF videos by the Canon XC10? We found many folks are facing the MXF importing issues with Avid Media Composer even with the Avid MC. Read on to get the guide.
As far as I know, MXF is a container format which can contain data encoded using various compression and encoding schemes. If your MXF files are not accepted by Media Composer, it’s probably because of the video or audio codec incompatibility. On this occasion, you need to transcode MXF to the Avid editing-friendly formats and then transfer the converted MOV files to your Media Composer for editing.
You can use a professional Video Converter for Mac - Pavtube MXF Video Converter for Mac to convert MXF to Avid MC best format fo editing. Buy running it, there’s no need to set the codec yourself: the program has optimized presets for Avid MC. You can convert any video file to Avid compatible format without loosing quality. For windows user, please get Pavtube MXF Video Converter.
What the Pavtube MXF Video Converter for Mac Can do?
- Convert MXF footage from Canon/Sony/Panasonic camcorders to proper format/codec for Avid MC, iMovie, FCP(6/7/X), FCE, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/AIC output
- Convert MXF to MOV/MP4/MKV/AVI/WMV/MPG/M4V etc. and extract video/audio only
- Convert MXF for playback on iDevices, Android/Windows 8 Phone/Tablets, HD TV and HD media players, Quicktime, etc.
- Support adding .srt/.ass/.ssa subtitles into video file and Video Editing
- Support converting MXF files in batch and merge them into one file
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard10.6, Leopard 10.5, Yosemite 10.
- Size: 31.0 MB
Now just download it and follow the below guide to transcode MXF for playing and editing in Media Composer perfectly.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Simple guide about how to import Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF videos to Avid MC for editing
Step 1: Backup your MXF files from Canon XC10 to hard drive. Install and launch MXF Converter for Mac. Drag and drop MXF files to the software. You can import multiple files at once thanks to “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the drop-down list in the format line to get the format box. Then choose “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 3: You can preview to check the final result. Once you are satisfied with it, click the “Convert” button to start converting Canon MXF files to Avid DNxHD MOV for editing in Avid MC flawlessly. It will take you a little while.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Now, you can import Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF files to Avid MC for editing without issues.
- Upload Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF Files to YouTube with Best Quality
- Load Canon EOS Rebel T6 MPEG-4/H.264 videos to Avid Media Composer smoothly
- DaVinci Resolve 12 not seeing NTSC DV AVI files on El Capitan? Solved!
- Work DJI Phantom 4 4K in Avid Media Composer
- 2016 Top 5 Best Mac HD Video Converter Review for Camcorder Lovers(updated)