Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr. It is designed for you to shoot and edit everything on your phone. However, many video producers and advertisers want to create original content with a traditional camera setup and video edit. This allows them to capture the best footage, control the audio, and even add graphics.
The good news is Instagram has recently made major updates to their mobile app. Users can now post videos from 3 to 60 seconds long, and even edit multiple clips on their phone. This tutorial is designed for those users wanting to move completed videos from their NLE to Instagram. To upload to Instagram, the video file must be on your phone. As an editor, you will need to export your video from computer, then compress it for your mobile device. But many Instagram users have the following problems in uploading video to Instagram, read on to get the reason and the smart solution for it.
Part 1. Common issues on uploading video to Instagram
Q: “Why do my instagram account won’t allow me to upload video more than 15 seconds (up to 60 sec) while my friends can do it? “
Q: “Uploading a video to Instagram doesn’t work with my account but works perfectly with my friend’s! What can possibly be the problem? “
Q: “Why am I not unable to upload video on instagram? “
We all know we only upload the 3-60 seconds video to Instagram. And the import one is the Instagram formats are limitted. If you want to upload a video to Instagram from computer/phones without losing quality and aviod andy uploading being stuck or not working problem, you’d better choose the right settings for the videos that are to be uploaded to Instagram perfectly.
Part 2. How to Make Videos Perfect for Instagram Videos Upload?
Therefore, learn the Instagram limits on upload videos in file size, length, resolutions, codec and other settings, together with a Instagram video uploader to help you on how to make your videos qualified for Instagram upload.
Instagram video upload limits:
- Size: maximum width 1080 pixels (any height)
- Frame Rate: 29.96 frames per second
- Codec: H.264 codec / MP4
- Bit rate: 3,500 kbps video bitrate
- Audio: AAC audio codec at 44.1 kHz mono
- Length: 60 seconds
- Filesize: 15MB
So to upload video to Instagram from PC/Mac or iPhone/Android without losing quality, you are required to make sure that the output video files are in the limits above. However, some users are bothered by the large size of videos recorded with SD/HD/4K cameras or incompatible video formats. In those cases, you’d better convert/compress the Instagram upload videos first. Here you can have a try the best Instagram video uploader Pavtube Video Converter.
- Convert HD/SD/4K videos in H.265, MXF, XAVC, XAVC S, WMV, MOV, MKV, MTS etc to Instagram upload video limits MP4 with world’s fastest speed.
- Compress 4K/HD videos with large file size that are shot with hd cameras to smaller video size without losing quality for smooth uploading to Instagram.
- Convert HD/SD/4K videos to Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and more.
- Advanced editing features like trimming, subtitle adding, effects adding, multiple parts merging into one clip etc
- Output format for editing software, HD media player, Tablets, Smartphones, Game consoles, 4K TV, 3D TV, Projectors,
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
- Mac version is Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
Just download the right version, and convert your any videos to Instagram friendly format like MP4.
- upload Sony a7s XAVC S files to Vimeo/Youtube/Instagram
- upload Summer camera recorded videos to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
- upload 2016 UEFA European Championship recordings To Youtube
- GoPro Hero4 4K Videos to YouTube/Vimeo
3 Steps to Change your video to Instagram friendly MP4 format for smooth uploading
Note: (Here takes Windows as an example, and the Mac version is same with Windows version)
1. Import video files
Drag & drop video files to the program after launching it. Or click the “Add video” button to locate the files you want to add.
2. Specify output format
Click Format bar to select an output format. To share your videos on Instagram, .mp4 format from Common Video or HD Video is one proper formats for Instagram.
3. Start converting video to Instagram
When all these settings are ready, you can click the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner to begin the video to Instagram conversion. When the conversion is done, you can click on “Open” button to locate the output videos. Now it’s time to go to your website to upload your converted video online without any issue.
Part 3. How to Upload Video to Instagram from Computer (Windows /Mac)?
As the Instagram app is limited to mobiles only, here are many desktop applications that can fill this gap. Among those computer Instagram videos uploading tools, we recommend you Gramblr (or Bluestacks). This Instagram video uploading works seamlessly on Windows (10), Mac and Linux, allowing users to upload to Instagram from PC/Mac directly without the need of a smartphone! (Instagram doen’t allow third-party uploader, so use it on your own risks) The process to upload videos from computer to Instagram with it is quite simple:
1. Download Gramblr and run it. Sign in to Instagram.
2. Choose the video/photo you would like to upload to Instagram.
3. Gramblr will redirect you to “Caption.” Add a caption if you wish.
4. Click Upload.
Ways to post videos on Instagram from computers
The methods below involve the use of a smartphone, namely, after you edit the video for upload with the Instagram video uploader mentioned in Section B, Part 1, you simply need to get the video from computer to smartphone and share video on Instagram from camera roll as usual. This is preferable for those who don’t want to install any program. Below are a few workarounds to do it:
1. Send the video to yourself by Email
This is the most common way to get computer videos for Instagram upload: email the video to your account, download the video from the email app on your iPhone/Android and then you can start to upload video to Instagram from the camera roll. The drawback lies in the file size that may be limited by the email.
2. Upload videos to Instagram from Dropbox/Google Drive
There are many similar service to send computer files to smartphones like AirDrop, but Google Drive and Dropbox are recommended as the best cloud ways to save the computer videos on smartphones. They are easy to use and will store photos, docs, files and videos. Note that with Google Drive, you can’t save the videos in camera roll. But you can easily post videos on Instagram with Dropbox from the camera roll.
3. Connect computer to smartphones for transfer
The last way is simple and everyone will know. Connect your Android/iOS devices to your computer using the USB cable. Transfer the video you’d want to upload to Instagram to the smartphones.
Part 4. Solution for Instagram Not Working Problems
1. Instagram not loading or Instagram couldn’t refresh feed
You may get trapped with the situation: try to upload a video/picture to Instagram, but it simply said “couldn’t refresh feed” each time you tried to refresh the page. This is the most common problem on Instagram. The general reason for Instagram not working is with the DNS and the conflict with IP address. If you still get stuck in the issue, just try the following solutions to check if they can work for you.
1. Check your internet connection 2G, 3G, 4G or WiFi you are connected to. Switch network if available, such as from 4G to WiFi.
2. Check whether your internet connection signal is weak. If so, it may cause the Instagram not working problem.
3. Check if the WiFi you are using is currently connected by other people, which may throttle your bandwidth, leading to the Instagram down issue.
2. Instagram videos not playing/loading
From time to time, you have the problem with the videos on Instagram playing. This issue happens when you are running the older version of Instagram app. To fix this Instagram videos not playing on iPhone, iPad, Android, Firefox or Chrome, just try the following tips.
1. Restart your phone or tablet first if you face with Instagram not working with videos.
2. Deleting and reinstalling Instagram if restarting your device doesn’t help.
For iPhone and iPad users, please tap and hold the Instagram app icon until it shakes from the Home screen; tap x on the app to delete it and reinstall Instagram in the App store. Log in with your username and password.
For Android users, Go Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram, tap Uninstall and reinstall it in the Google Play Store.
3.Please use Instagram on WiFi and mobile data connection to check if the Instagram videos not playing issue is caused by this.
3. no sound on Instagram
Many customers reported having no sound on Instagram video. The issue is probably caused by the latest Instagram update which says to tap the video to enable sound. Please follow the fix to play sound from the start on Instagram video.
1. Tap anywhere on the video while it’s playing.
2. Adjust the volume using the volume buttons on your phone.
4. Instagram upload failed
This Instagram problem refers to an error message saying “Upload Failed” when you try to upload a video to the service. The Instagram not working is partly due to the memory issue and it is easy to handle if you try the troubleshooting tips as below.
1. Turn off your phone and turn on it again to reset its memory.
2. Check if you have a good signal strength or WIFi connection if restarting your phone doesn’t fix the Instagram down issue.
3. Use the latest version of your browser.
4. If it still doesn’t work, please make sure whether the file you upload is the Instagram supported video format . Instagram recommend using MP4 or MOV format.
5. Keep in mind that the videos must be less than 45 minutes long and smaller than 1.75 GB.
5. Instagram black screen
Many Instagram users come across the problem that the Instagram screen went black when watching videos. So what to do next? Take a shot of the following feasible tips for fixing the Instagram problem of not working with black photos/videos.
1. Open Instagram on your phone.
2. Navigate to the Profile tab and tap on the Top-Right icon.
3. Tap on the Camera option.
4. Turn off Use High Quality Image Processing option and now close Instagram and restart it again to check whether the Instagram crashing error is fixed.
- Upload Samsung NX500 4K H.265/HEVC MP4 to Youtube/Facebook
- Compress Video for YouTube for Fast Uploading Speed and Best Video Quality
- Upload MP4 videos from iPhone/iPad to Youtube
- DropBox and HD Video/Movie Files Are Not A Good Fit
- Share Sony RX10 III 4K videos on YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
Good News - Money Saving Software Bundles: (saving up to $35)
ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $79.9, Save $27.1
ByteCopy($42) + DVD Creater($35) = Only $44.9, Save $32.1
ByteCopy($42) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = Only $69.9, Save $16.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creater($35) = Only $64.9, Save $35.1
BDMagic($49) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
DVDAid($35) + DVD Creator($35) = Only $35.9, Save $34.1
ByteCopy($42) + ChewTune($29) = Only $54.9, Save $16.1
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + ChewTune($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1
BDMagic($49) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $28.1
DVDAid($35) + ChewTune($29) = Only $49.9, Save $14.1