YouTube is one of the most eminent video sharing websites where you may find almost anything and everything in a video format. It is equally beneficial for people from all walks of life. You can freely stream, watch, upload the videos. But sometimes, you must have noticed that while you try for uploading a video, you come across a variety of troubles that end in a restricted or unsuccessful fsile uploading. But many people still encounter the MP4 to Youtube uploading issue. In fact, the reason why people can’t upload MP4 to YouTube is actually quite explainable. MP4 is a container format that can store multiple video, audio and subtitle data, etc, while YouTube is only compatible with MPEG-4/H.264 video and AAC audio. When the iPhone/iPad MP4 video that you want to upload contains YouTube unsupported codecs, YouTube will reject your video file.
Look at the YouTube Supported Formats:
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec)
- MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files – (typically supporting h264 and mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec)
- AVI (Many cameras output this format – typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM)
- MPEGPS (Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio)
- FLV (Adobe – FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
Note: MP4 is suggested by YouTube as the best video format which can produce the best video quality and can easily meet YouTube upload size limit.
Besides this, YouTube also has 4 more other limitations.
1. Uploaded file size: up to 2 GB for standard accounts.
2. Uploaded file length: up to 10 minutes for standard accounts, and longer than 10 minutes for partner accounts.
3. Limitations of the Uploading Video Frame Rate and Bitrate
You are suggested to upload video to YouTube in the natural frame rate it is recorded or made. However, you can also change the frame rate before uploading to avoid odd video effects. As for the bitrate, as there are not that strict YouTube video upload limit on it, you can focus more on the YouTube video format, YouTube vidoe size, resolution, length limits etc.
4. Limitation of the Uploading Video Codec
According to YouTube, H.264 is the most commonly used codec in YouTube videos. How to upload video to YouTube fast with good quality? The codec can help you. Besides, some other codecs ( like VP8 ) are also compatible with YouTube.
How to convert iPhone/iPad MP4 to YouTube friendly formats?
In purpose of making MP4 workable for YouTube, you have to convert these MP4 video files to YouTube compatible format in advance. I usually use the trustworthy Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to accomplish this task for this program works well as a professional MP4 to YouTube converter, allowing converting YouTube video to MP4, MP4 to AVI, MP4 to MKV, FLV, etc for uploading onto YouTube site with fast speed while delivering exquisite picture.
More notably, due to the YouTube limitation metioned above, this MP4 to YouTube converter can also compress your any video including MP4, MKV, AVI, H.265, etc video into video formats with smaller size like MP4, FLV, etc. and split/cut/trim your MP4 video into the ideal length for YouTube while keep all the highlights as you want. To prepare and upload your any MP4 to YouTube, simply load your MP4 video onto your computer and follow 4 simple steps.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Guide on How to Convert MP4 video to YouTube Video Format
Step 1. Add MP4
Lunch the best MP4 converter and click the “Add video” button to locate the video files you want to add.
Step 2. Select a YouTube available format
Click Format bar to select an output format. To share your MP4 videos on YouTube, .mp4, .avi, .3gp, .mov format from Common Video or HD Video are all the proper formats for YouTube. Also .flv from “Flash Video” is also OK.
a.You can also press the Settings button to adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc to optimize the quality. For 4K videos, you can set the video frame rate to 24fps. After several attempts, we get know Youtube’s maximum 4K bitrate is 45Mbps and it doesn’t work with 60fps 4k video well.
Keep in mind that YouTube doesn’t process all resolutions at the same speed. So generally the lower resolutions, 144p, 240p, 480p show up first followed by higher resolutions and then sometimes a day later 2K and 4K resolutions.
b. If the video is longer than 15 minutes, you can choose to split the video into smaller parts so as to share on YouTube without limit. Click the Split icon on the main interface.
c. Or click “Edit selected task”, you can trim the very part of the video you want to upload to YouTube with the built-in video editor.
Step 3. Start MP4 to YouTube conversion
Tap “Convert” button to convert .mp4 to YouTube best format. The conversion process will be completed soon. After that, you can locate the converted files via “Open” panel and then upload the Halloween movies videos to YouTube for sharing with your friends, family and epals without issue.
To get started uploading videos on YouTube from your desktop, follow the steps below.
- Sign into YouTube.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer. You can also record a video from your webcam, create a video slideshow or import a video from Google+.
- As the video is uploading you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you untick this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
- Once the upload is completed we will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing.
- How to Play MP4 Files on Sony Bravia TV via USB Drive?
- 8 Compression Ways to Make A Video File Smaller
- Top 5 YouTube Video Converters for Mac
- Samsung Blu-ray Player Doesn’t Play MP4 Video From USB Stick
- Play AVI Files on Xbox 360