Nowadays, Virtual Reality is an immersive experience in which your head movements are tracked in a three dimensional world, making it suited to games and even movies. With some incredible VR headsets available, you may wonder how to watch 3D movies in on VR headsets like Homido Virtual Reality Headsets. Lucikly, here we share the solution for watching 3D movies including 3D MP4, 3D MKV etc on Homido Virtual Reality Headsets anytime anywhere.
Why can’t watch 2D/3D movies on Homido VR
If you have one Homido VR for experiencing virtual reality on smartphone via Homido VR, you need VR player apps that play VR format. Homido 360 VR player is such a VR video player app tool not only help iOS and Android users to play 360 VR videos, 2D videos and 3D SBS formats, but alos works as a SBS browser to watch 360-degree videos from YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes etc in 3D SBS mode. But Homido VR does not support all 2D/3D movie format like the complicated MP4 or MKV format which has a lot of different codecs. So if you want to put all 2D movies or 3D MP4, 3D MKV, 3D FLV etc films to Homido VR for viewing with 3D effect, the first step is convert these 2D/3D movies to Homido VR/Homido 360 VR Player compatible SBS 3D MP4 videos for smooth watching. In this case, what you need is one professional 3D video converter for Homido VR.
Choose Best 3D Converter for Homido VR
In many video converters in the markets, Pavtube Video Converter deserves your try. Unlike other converters on the market like Handbrake, MPEG Streamclip or FFmpeg converter, it supports almost all input and output video/audo formats, it can change 2D/3D movies to 3D movie format for Homido VR, no matter best horror movies on Netflix, family/kids movies, or action movies to 2D or 3D MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, etc for your specific use on Homido VR and other popular VR headsets like Oculus Rift CV1, Gear VR, VR One, Google Cardboard etc or directly to latest mobile devices such as iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad Air 2/Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy Note/S series, etc,
Features of the Pavtube Top 3D Converter for Homido VR
- 3 Simple & Easy Steps: Drag & drop, choose output format and convert any media files for Homido VR
- Simple steps to convert 2D to 3D side-by-side formats which is compatible with Homido VR without quality loss.
- Allows you to convert 2D or 3D MP4 movies in MP4, MKV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, MTS,H.265 etc to Homido VR friendly 3D movie format.
- Freely customize the output videos by changing video/audio parameters, trimming, cropping, adding watermark, video effect.
- Accelerate movie to 3D Homido VR conversion up to 6 times faster by using NVIDIA CUDA & AMD technologies which saves your precious time.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
- Mac user (macOS Sierra, El Capitan Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion included), simply turn to its Mac version here.
Free download and try the Homido VR 3D video converter:
PS: If you want to rip 2D/3D DVD and Blu-ray movies to Homido VR for watching with 3D effect, you can get this all-in-one Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to rip and convert DVD/BD to 3D format for Homido VR.
How to convert Movies to Homido VR with perfect 3D MP4 for viewing?
Step 1. Load your movie file
Click "Add video" button to add your video files to the program. Or directly drag the video you want to convert to the left item bar.
Step 2. Select output format for Homido VR
Choose “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4) ” under “3D Video” category for your Homido VR. This formats also is suitable for Homido VR, View-Master VR, PSVR, HTC Vive, Gear VR, Oculus Rift, etc.
Tip: Advanced Video/Audio settings
Click “Settings” button to do corresponding settings regarding to video, audio. Note that Homido VR compatible audio has to be encoded in AAC or MP3. AC3 audio and DTS Dolby don’t seem to work. Please compare your smartphone specification with this table and do corresponding adjustment.
Step 3. Start to convert movie to Homido VR
The last step is to press the “Convert” button on the right to start converting 2D/3D movies to Homido VR supported 3D SBS MP4 vidoes. The conversion takes a few minutes, after conversion, you can click “Open” to locate the output videos. Then you can transfer and play the converted SBS MP4 3D videos on Homido VR headsets.
How to import converted 3D movies to Homido VR – step-by-step
1. Download the applications
a. For iOS users, Homido Player is the app of choice. It’s meant to go with their own VR headset but you can use the app with any headset you have. To add your video to the app’s player, download it and then connect your phone to your computer. Open iTunes and select your device. Under your device’s content options, click Apps and scroll down in the pane on the right. You’ll see a list of all installed apps and a separate list of apps that you can add files to. Select Homido Player here and scroll down until you see the ‘Add File’ button. Click it, navigate to your file and select it, and then wait for it to be added to your device. You do not need to sync your phone to iTunes.
Once you’ve set the movie to play, just insert your phone into the headset and enjoy. Make sure you turn the 360 degree option off and switch to the ‘flat’ option. SBS should be kept Off if you need the app to split your movie into two windows, and ‘On’ if you don’t need to split the movie. Here’s what it looks like in the Homido player.
b. For Android users, there’s AAA VR Cinema. The app is excellent if your headset has no action buttons of any sort. It can split a video into two windows and you can navigate the app with head gestures. Adding a file to it easy; just copy it to your device.
2. Adjust the lenses
- Choosing the right lens cone
- Short cone : for short sighted people
- Medium cone: for people with normal vision
- Long cone : for long-sighted people
- Insert the lens in the cone
- Clip the cone to the interior of the headset
3. Start the smartphone
On the smartphone : start a film or an app.
4. Insert the smartphone
- open the front clip with one hand
- insert the smartphone with the other hand
- position the smartphone correctly: exactly in the middle, not too high, nor too low, nor crookedly.
5. Adjust the headset to fit your head
- Eye-lens distance: if you think that the lenses are too close to your eyes you can adjust their positions using the side wheels. Turn the two wheels at the same time.
- Distance between eyes: use the top-wheel to adjust the distance between the eyes to get the clearest possible image.
- Use the optional strap to distribute the weight around your head.