Summary: The article will give you a Sony Vegas for Mac Alternative and the simple guide of Editing and Converting Any Video and Audio Clips on Mac OS.
About Sony Vegas
Sony Vegas is video editing software created by Sony. You can make a ton of things with this program. Undoubtedly, Sony Vegas is one of the best and most popular video editors on the market nowadays.
Unfortunately, if you are a Mac user or switch from Windows to Mac recently, you will only find that Sony Vegas on longer works for you since it just has Windows version. It is worse that few of editors which work on Mac nowadays are similar to Sony Vegas.
There are two options placed in front of Mac users: turn to another editing program or install Windows OS on Mac OS.
Sony Vegas for Mac Alternative
Here we introduce an easy-to-use yet powerful Sony Vegas for Mac alternative to these people who choose the first option. This Sony Vegas alternative is named Pavtube Media Magician for Mac which is simple for novice to get started, but has advanced editing functions for professional.
What can Pavtube Media Magician (for Win or Mac) help you?
- Camcorder footages: MXF, AVCHD(MTS, M2TS), AVCHD Lite(MTS, M2TS), MOV,TOD, MOD, etc.
- Other video formats: *.avi,*.divx, *.wmv, *.wma, *.asf, *.dvr-ms, *.wav, dts in wav, *.rm, *.rmvb, *.ra, *.mov, *.qt, *.mp4, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.dv, *.m4b, *.m4v, *.m4a, *.aac, *.flv, *.f4v from YouTube, Hulu, Fox, etc., *.dat, *.mpg, *.m2v, *.m2t, *.m2ts, *.ts, *.tp, *.evo, *.mkv, *.dv, *.flc, *.fli,*.gxf, *.pss, *.mvi, *.mtv, *.vdr, *.pmf, *.pva, *.k3g, *.vp6, *.nsv, *.nuv, *.dmskm
- Common format: MPEG-2 (*.mpg), MPEG-4 (*.mp4), *.avi, *.wmv, *.mov, *.mkv, *.m2ts
- Device: Andoid Tablets and smart phones, Windows Tablets and smart phones, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, HD Player, PSP/PS3, HDV
- iMovie and Final Cut Express (*.mov), Avid Studio (*.mov), Adobe Premiere (*.wmv, *.mpg, *.mov), Adobe After Effect (*.mpg, *.mov), Apple Aperture (*.mov), Final Cut Pro (Apple ProRes MOV).
- Lossless: Original format (*.mts, *.m2ts, *.mod, *.tod), MKV (*.mkv)
- Online: YouTube (*.mp4, *.webm)
- Import/ backup/ manage camcorder footages
- The smart camcorder wizard helps connect camcorders to PC and import directly from camcorder or backup camcorder videos to local.
- Lossless output from AVCHD MTS to MTS or MKV
- Output Apple Prores MOV, lossless MTS/MKV, MPEG-2/4, AVI/WMV/MOV/MKV/M2TS.
- Output Apple ProRes MOV for editing in FCP without rendering (Mac only)
- As long as you have right version of FCP installed, you can output Apple ProRes MOV like Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 4444, etc.
- Timeline editing easily trim, cut, delete, and join
- To output videos you can drag relative source from resource list and trim, cut, delete, and join. You can seek the clip frame by frame.
- Add 3D and other special effects to clips on timeline
- Want to get 3D effect to your clips? It’s easy with Media Magician. Just a one click, you can add the effect. And you can also add simple Gauss blur, old film, etc.
- Enlarge or reduce original volume
- If the volume is too large or too small, you can drag bar in Volume Adjustment section to enlarge or reduce.
- Adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation
- For footages shot with low light or bad color, you can easily make them better with the help of brightness, contrast, and saturation adjustment.
- Easily choose output formats with one click
- With the preset output profiles, you can choose the right settings with just one click.
- Output different formats from the same sources on timeline
- In conversion settings section, you can create several conversion tasks with different output formats and output from the same sources placed on timeline.
- Directly upload videos to YouTube
- The converted videos can be uploaded to YouTube directly as long as you have set your account and relative information.
- Output M2TS, MPEG-4/2, MKV, MOV, WMV, AVI files
- It supports output formats like M2TS, MPEG-4 (*.mp4), MPEG-2 (*.mpg), MKV, MOV, WMV, and AVI. You can reset parameters with ease.
Other Sony Vegas for Mac Alternative
You should note that Pavtube Media Magician for Mac is more focused on video and audio transformation, although it is an all-in-one video and audio solution. Maybe it can’t fulfill the requirement of the experienced filmmaker or the professional broadcast producer. In this case, we recommend another two more professional editor for you: Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro.
Adobe Premiere Pro is a timeline-based video editing software application, which is compatible with either the Mac or PC. It is $19.99 per month for Premiere Pro CC only and $49.99 per month for everything in the Creative Cloud. Better still, Adobe Premiere Pro has a 30 day free trial, so you can try that out if you want.
Final Cut Pro is only available on Mac OS X. This application is the name given to a series of non-linear video editing software programs – first developed by Macromedia Inc. and later Apple Inc, which allows users to log and transfer video onto a hard drive (internal or external), where it can be edited, processed, and output to a wide variety of formats. It costs 299$ and also has a trial version.
As for which is better depends on your own preferences. Just get the trial versions and see which one best suits your needs and/or you find the easiest to use.