“Why my VLC can’t play MOV videos? It used to be MOV player VLC, however recently this MOV VLC player is no longer friendly with MOV videos.. What should I do with VLC MOV player? Is there any suggestion about this?”
Since MOV files was developed by Apple computer it has it consists of Apple graphics codec that is not compatible with all media players including VLC Player.:
- I recently downloaded an mov torrent file, it contains two mp4 clips and main movie is mov as well. VLC player will play the two shorter clips no problem but will not play the main movie.
- MOV will not play on Windows Media Player (Vista) so I downloaded VLC. Unfortunately they won’t play properly on that either.
- I’m having a bit of a trouble playing HD encoded MOV files using VLC Media Player. Whenever I play a video using VLC, it makes a file looked like it’s damaged or something. But when I use Windows Media Player, it seems to be okay.
So in order to play all MOV on VLC player smoothly, you’e better convert your unsupported MOV to VLC supported -playing-format.
Solution for Playing all MOV on VLC Player
To make VLC support MOV format, On this situation, converting your MOV to VLC natively supported format is the fastest solution. Serving as a high-class MOV to VLC Converter, Pavtube Video Converter has the feature of easily converting all kinds of MOV files to VLC recognized formats like H.264 MP4 with zero quality loss.
Better still, this MOV to VLC Converter is also an all-in-one video and audio converter. It supports converting nearly all video and audio formats like MP4, H.265, AVI, MOV, VOB, MKV, FLV, MTS, MXF, WebM, AVCHD, etc and MP3, WAV, DTS, APE, AIFF, FLAC, etc. for the purposes of playing, editing and sharing. For mac users, here is the mac version.
Now free download this MOV video converter for VLC
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Softonic Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
Follow the guide to Convert MKV to friendly format with VLC player
Step 1. Add MOV files to MOV to VLC Converter
Simply drag and drop MOV files to the main interface of MOV to VLC Converter.
Step 2. Set output format for VLC
Click “Format “drop-down button to select “MP4″ from “Common Video” or “HD Video” category under “Format”. You also can choose other VLC popular formats form “Common Video” or “HD Video” category, H.265 MP4 is OK for the latest version of VLC.
Step 3. Convert MOV to VLC
Just click “Convert” button of MOV to VLC to finish MOV to VLC Conversion with high quality and fast speed. When done, click “Open” button and you’ll see the converted video files there. Now start to play MOV in VLC Media Player.